Inner Field Guide for
Individual Psychotherapy (Online)
I offer 50-minute, online psychotherapy sessions through my online practice. These sessions are done via videocall through the healthcare-compiant Jane video-calling platform.
Individual Psychotherapy (In-Person)
I offer 50-minute, in-person sessions for residents of Madawaska Valley, Ontario. I currently see clients in Pembroke on Tuesdays and Barry’s Bay on Thursdays.
Group Programs (Online)
These online gatherings offer you a safe space to meet, learn from, and work with like-minded individuals as you traverse your own journey to wholeness and authenticity. Currently, you can get in touch to register for a monthly gathering: Tarot for Self-Growth.
Signature Coaching Programs (Self-Paced with Online Materials)
Currently in development. Stay tuned for their release!
“To conquer the beast, you must first make it beautiful.”
I am an Eco-Existentialist; an unwavering optimist, concerned with big questions of meaning and purpose, and always with nature in mind.
I believe that healing requires self-leadership, balance, and regulation. This requires both bottom-up (breathing and movement) and top-down (mindfulness and talk-therapy) approaches. For me, therapy is about sinking down deep roots of purpose, understanding our emotional responses and defensive patterns, and remembering the ways we experience joy, so that we can survive the storms of life.
I believe that YOUR inner wisdom is the best guide for your unique journey towards holistic healing and mental health. My job as a therapist is to help you unlock your own doors, and uncover the inner knowing deep inside you that tends to get buried under life stress, relational wounds and stigmatizing societal narratives.
My journey to the mental health field has been a long and winding one. It all began with my own mental health challenges and an itching curiosity to find out what was wrong with me. Thankfully, I have learned I was asking the wrong questions.
I have an undergraduate degree in Anthropology (the study of human culture, both ancient and modern), which propelled me to travel and explore the world for half a decade, teaching English in Spain, Vietnam and Laos. This experience motivated me to help people immigrate to Canada, and so I moved home and went to college for Social Service Work, specializing in newcomer and refugee services. Though I thoroughly loved the work that this led to, I began to hate the busy city. I am a wild woman through and through, and Toronto was not feeding my soul. I decided to move to a small community in the Ottawa Valley to work at an alternative school that specialized in mental health and outdoor education. It was in this adventurous and supportive environment that I realized the path I needed to take, and so I went on to pursue a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology and later to build my own private psychotherapy practice: Rising Rooted.
I currently live in Madawaska Valley, Ontario with my partner, stepsons and dog. I spend my free time reading or adventuring this beautiful, wild landscape I inhabit.
I am a holistic and integrated therapist. This means I consider the whole person (mind, body, spirit and relationships) when addressing problems and goals.
To do this, I work with you to create an inner field-guide, which can include activities like:
- Mapping your internal landscape (Self) and getting to know all the different internal characters (Subpersonalities) that inhabit it, building a foundation for self-understanding, self-acceptance, and ultimately, self-leadership.
- Enhancing the communication pathways between your body and mind to increase your ability to regulate emotions and mindfully embrace life and its challenges.
- Reparenting work to enhance your ability to self-regulate your destructive impulses, create and hold healthy boundaries, and to keep the promises you make to yourself.
- Inner-child work to increase joy, hope and motivation, and to process childhood trauma or unresolved issues from the past.
- Developing a sense of belonging and rootedness through relationships with others and with nature.
All of these processes, and more, will support you through your deep healing journey and provide templates for the soul work required to access your intuition and unlearn the stories that keep you stuck.
My Therapeutic Style…
I specialize in working with clients with a wide range of goals and challenges, including, but not limitted to: Trauma, Emotional Regulation, ADHD, ‘Personality Disorders’, Stress, Burnout, Anxiety and Depression.
My approach is individually tailored to the circumstances, interests and goals of each client, but I am informed by and often employ tools from the following psychotherapeutic modalities and theories: Internal Family Systems, Somatic Therapy, Attachment Theory, Minfulness-Based Strategies and Nature-Based Approaches.
My Professional Training and Certifications:
- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner Beginner 1
- Certified Trauma Professional (Evergreen)
- Registered Psychotherapist (College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario)
- Canadian Certified Counsellor (Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association)
“When you begin to walk the path, the path appears.”
Frequently Asked Questions
How much do sessions cost?
I charge $130(+HST) per 50-minute session. A sliding scale is available depending on financial need. I accept payments through e-transfer or credit card.
Are your services covered by insurance?
I am covered by BlueCross, as well as most health insurance/employee benefit plans.
Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it, and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
Request a consultation call today…
I offer one-on-one psychotherapy online and in-person.
First, it’s important to see if you think we will be a good fit, and I want to give you the space to ask any questions you might have about the process before we dive in.